From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Merging Trustees and Council / Developers and Foundation - 1.0 reply
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:12:00
1 On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 04:59:49 -0600
2 Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 01/11/2017 01:50 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
5 > >>>>>> On Tue, 10 Jan 2017, Matthew Thode wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> 9. Members of the 'board' having conflicts with their job.
8 > >
9 > >> I'm, not sure about this as it's likely case by case. But I
10 > >> personally don't see this causing much more issues than what is
11 > >> already caused by working on an open source project.
12 > >
13 > > It is causing more issues. I need no special permission to serve on
14 > > the Council. However, law [1] doesn't allow me any activity in an
15 > > "organ" of a corporation, even if that activity is non-paid. I suspect
16 > > that getting permission for this could take a long time, since there
17 > > may be no precedent for U.S. (or New Mexico) nonprofit corporations.
18 > >
19 > > IIUC, dilfridge is in a similar situation.
20 > >
21 > > Ulrich
22 > >
23 > > [1] Landesbeamtengesetz of Rhineland-Palatinate, § 83 Absatz 1 Satz 2 Nr. 2
24 > > http://landesrecht.rlp.de/jportal/?quelle=jlink&query=BG+RP&psml=bsrlpprod.psml
27 > On second thought, I think that under the board there will still be a
28 > council for general technical matters that you would still be electable
29 > towards. In the next version of this (1.1) I think I'm leaning towards
30 > the 'board' being what is currently trustees + hr(comrel) + pr + infra.
31 > Under that would go what is currently being done by council.
32
33 I'm sorry but I feel like I'm completely lost here. If the board is not
34 actually to be a separate entity, then what is changing exactly?
35 And what's the problem being solved, now?
38 Best regards,
39 Michał Górny
40 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>