From: Gokturk Yuksek <gokturk@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Clarify language of GLEP 39
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 03:40:41
1 Doug Freed:
2 > GLEP 39 currently states that "[A project] may have one or many leads"
3 > (Specification section, first list, last item). I believe (and a few
4 > others agree) that this language is ambiguous, Some projects have
5 > interpreted this language to mean that a project may have no lead,
6 > while others believe the language is to be interpreted as meaning that
7 > projects must have at least one lead. Therefore, I request that the
8 > Council clarify the language of GLEP 39 to remove this ambiguity. I
9
10 The council has already provided a clarification[0]:
11
12 """
13 The wording of GLEP 39 was found to be unclear if not confusing (it
14 states that a project "may have one or many leads", and that their
15 selection "must occur at least once every 12 months").
16
17 After discussion the following points were agreed upon:
18 * The Gentoo Wiki project page template should be enhanced to show the
19 last lead election date for each project.
20 * The council sends an e-mail to the gentoo-project mailing list asking
21 projects to consider electing a lead and confirming her/him regularly.
22 """
23
24 [0] https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20150913-summary.txt