From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2019-04-14
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 15:48:11
1 On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 06:28:15PM +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 16:11:50 +0200 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
3 > > >
4 > > > I support the idea of Gentoo being more inclusive.
5 > >
6 > > Can we please keep irrelevant buzzwords out?
7 >
8 > There is nothing irrelevant here. Gentoo is kicking people who
9 > want to contribute because doesn't want to respect their privacy
10 > because of some imaginary problems which were never appeared or
11 > tested in real life. This makes Gentoo exclusive to those who want
12 > their authorship to be public.
13 >
14 > Best regards,
15 > Andrew Savchenko
16
17 Andrew, it is not imaginary. Playing the emotional game doesn't help
18 either. I am fairly certain all of those who had to make this decision
19 have expressed their willingness to change it should it be supported
20 legally. It simply is not.
21
22 If you believe it is supported legally then please provide such
23 evidence. This decision was not arrived at lightly and I am confident
24 enough to state that on behalf of both bodies involved.
27 Cheers,
28 Aaron