From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2016-11-13
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 13:51:05
1 > On Nov 3, 2016, at 6:08 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 >> El mié, 02-11-2016 a las 21:05 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. escribió:
4 >> [...]
5 >> A simple comment is not derailing a thread. It was on topic. A
6 >> council agenda
7 >> item may be lack of arch testers. The council knowing there are
8 >> people who
9 >> could be tapped for such is on topic.
10 >>
11 >> Unlike the rather rude reply which was completely unnecessary. I
12 >> surely do not
13 >> go around telling others what they need do or not. Such posts would
14 >> be better
15 >> direct than to a public list...
16 > Maybe one option that the "official" members of relevant arch testers
17 > teams could have for allowing faster/easier stabilization would be to
18 > rely on github PR (specially for the cases of "exotic" arches that will
19 > have less man power for committing "manually" everything :/)
23 The stabilization commit itself isn't that onerous, it's the testing. Likely a keyword or whiteboard from the non-dev AT on the stabilization bug would suffice no?
24
25 That said, like the proxy-maint group, we could enlist some random devs to apply the stabilization commits based on the feedback of non-dev ATs. BUT, that's only going to work if we have some sort of enforced training and qualification criteria for non-dev ATs (which we likely have already) and I'm not sure the bureaucracy to manage that would leave us in a better situation than what we have now.