From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Items for Council Agenda, May 14
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 10:41:55
1 Am Freitag, 12. Mai 2017, 10:52:01 CEST schrieb Roy Bamford:
2 > On 2017.05.12 00:07, Daniel Campbell wrote:
3 > [snip]
4 >
5 > > I'd be open to a trial -- try it out for a few months and see what
6 > > happens. I have a feeling I'll be right and activity will plummet, but
7 > > the only way to know for sure is to try it. Then nobody can argue over
8 > > it because we'll have facts to work with.
9 > >
10 > > Just my 2¢.
11 >
12 > Its been tried and and was judged a failure by a past council.
15 And the number of people who are still around from back then is not that big
16 anymore.
17 In addition, if you are going to cite prehistory (roughly 9 years ago) here,
18 let me correct you... (1)
19
20 * The proctors team was indeed considered a failure and disbanded back then;
21 in my opinion that went rather idiotically, with lots of egos clashing.
22
23 * The council back then agreed that
24 -> gentoo-dev should be moderated for non-@gentoo adresses
25 -> gentoo-project should be created to attract all the bikeshedding
26 interpersonal flamebaits ...
27 Thus gentoo-project came into being. And suddenly it was so quiet on gentoo-
28 dev that the moderation proposal seemed unnecessary...
31 (1) As you know I've been reading the logs and at least part of the archived
32 mail.
35 Andreas K. Hüttel
36 dilfridge@g.o
37 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)