From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Items for Council Agenda, May 14
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 08:52:18
1 On 2017.05.12 00:07, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 [snip]
3 >
4 > I'd be open to a trial -- try it out for a few months and see what
5 > happens. I have a feeling I'll be right and activity will plummet, but
6 > the only way to know for sure is to try it. Then nobody can argue over
7 > it because we'll have facts to work with.
8 >
9 > Just my 2ยข.
10 > --
11 > Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
12 > OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
13 > fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6
16 Its been tried and and was judged a failure by a past council.
17
18 The problem then was not the people who thought for a bit
19 and agreed with the censure. They might even have learned
20 from the experience.
21
22 The lists were in far worse shape then they are today when
23 moderation was trialled.
26 Regards,
27
28 Roy Bamford