From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 14:05:21
1 On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 6:55 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On 14/10/16 09:46 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 > > On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
5 > wrote:
6 > >> That's why I made my own proposal.
7 > >>
8 > >> class supporter
9 > >
10 > > If you change supporter to always be a foundation member (ie make
11 > > membership activation/removal simultaneous with instantiation) it
12 > > could work. However, I still question the need for a 3rd tier.
13 >
14 > My C++ is a little rusty but if I'm reading it right, all the
15 > 'supporter' class does is provide a container of inheritance that (a)
16 > allows you to revoke everything when someone stops being a supporter
17 > (or stops agreeing to the COC), and (b) allows the separation of
18 > foundation-member from the dev and staff classes. It also seems to
19 > allow there to be foundation members that are neither staff nor dev's.
22 Exactly.
23
24 So it's not a class that would be instantiated in and of itself I
25 > don't think.
28 It is an abstract virtual base class...virtual because we could well have
29 supporters who are staff AND dev, but we'd only need to check their
30 supporter credietnails (coc compliance etc) once.