From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 14:13:43
1 On 14/10/16 10:04 AM, Raymond Jennings wrote:
2 > On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 6:55 AM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o
3 > <mailto:axs@g.o>> wrote:
4 >
5 > On 14/10/16 09:46 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
6 > > On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com <mailto:shentino@×××××.com>> wrote:
7 > >> That's why I made my own proposal.
8 > >>
9 > >> class supporter
10 > >
11 > > If you change supporter to always be a foundation member (ie make
12 > > membership activation/removal simultaneous with instantiation) it
13 > > could work. However, I still question the need for a 3rd tier.
14 >
15 > My C++ is a little rusty but if I'm reading it right, all the
16 > 'supporter' class does is provide a container of inheritance that (a)
17 > allows you to revoke everything when someone stops being a supporter
18 > (or stops agreeing to the COC), and (b) allows the separation of
19 > foundation-member from the dev and staff classes. It also seems to
20 > allow there to be foundation members that are neither staff nor dev's.
23 > Exactly.
24 >
25 > So it's not a class that would be instantiated in and of itself I
26 > don't think.
29 > It is an abstract virtual base class...virtual because we could well
30 > have supporters who are staff AND dev, but we'd only need to check
31 > their supporter credietnails (coc compliance etc) once.
35 AND, the important bit, separates foundation membership from both
36 classes; right?