From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:55:14
1 On 14/10/16 09:46 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 9:07 AM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> That's why I made my own proposal.
4 >>
5 >> class supporter
6 >
7 > If you change supporter to always be a foundation member (ie make
8 > membership activation/removal simultaneous with instantiation) it
9 > could work. However, I still question the need for a 3rd tier.\
10
11 My C++ is a little rusty but if I'm reading it right, all the
12 'supporter' class does is provide a container of inheritance that (a)
13 allows you to revoke everything when someone stops being a supporter
14 (or stops agreeing to the COC), and (b) allows the separation of
15 foundation-member from the dev and staff classes. It also seems to
16 allow there to be foundation members that are neither staff nor dev's.
17
18 So it's not a class that would be instantiated in and of itself I
19 don't think.