From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council: Policy for Systemd units
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:54:40
1 12.06.2013 15:43, hasufell пишет:
2 > I am sorry, but I don't even understand what a co-maintainer is.
3 >
4 > In my understanding there are only package maintainers. Everyone listed
5 > in metadata.xml is a maintainer and has the competence to do any kind of
6 > changes.
7 >
8 > If one of the other maintainers disagree, then it's not a question of
9 > who is the master-maintainer and who is the co-maintainer.
10 >
11 > That's an internal problem of those people and they should deal with it.
12 > If they are unable to do that, then they can contact devrel. Period.
13 >
14 > If a developer refuses to add enhancements to an ebuild without giving
15 > technical reasons, then it's a matter for devrel as well.
16 >
17 > Honestly... In case of systemd I'd just open a bug, attach the fixes and
18 > wait for some time. In case of no response I'd just apply it. If the dev
19 > reverts it without giving a reason, I will contact him and if necessary
20 > devrel.
21 >
22 > I don't see a reason to introduce a special policy for this. We could go
23 > on about such things all day, because there are and will be more.
24 >
25 > And I am not really sorry about devs dropping maintainership because of
26 > such silly issues. If they can't work out something like that, then it's
27 > better that way.
30 > reasoning > authority
33 But you know about "Assignee" field in bugzilla, do not you? Maintainer
34 in this terms is "Assignee", co-maintainer(s) goes in CC field.
35
36 Sometimes co-maintainer and maintainers have different levels of
37 authority on specific packages(for example proxy maintainers). But
38 usually if we are talking about two Gentoo developers who maintain
39 package and have NO additional info in metadata's desciption(descibing
40 their right, for example 'only issues about foo feature', see
41 net-misc/openssh metadata) fields than they are equal in their rights on
42 the package.
43
44 P.S. All above is my personal point of view, based on policy, common
45 sense, etc.
48 Best regards, Sergey Popov
49 Gentoo developer
50 Gentoo Desktop-effects project lead