From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2014 / 2015 election
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 19:06:49
1 On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Seemant Kulleen <seemantk@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm sorry to speak publicly, but isn't this email exactly the kind of
3 > attitude we're trying to reverse. As a senior member of the project, I
4 > really would hope you set a better example of the change that you, yourself,
5 > have said you wanted to see.
6
7 You are perfectly right to speak publicly. The point I was trying to
8 make in this email is very simple. The only good way of changing how a
9 team operates, for better or worse, is to join it. Ordering people
10 around without actually doing anything only works if you're the one
11 signing the paychecks.
12
13 Have we reached a point where council members are such divas that they
14 can't even be told when they missed a perfectly good opportunity to
15 shut up?
16
17 Denis.