From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2018 00:16:51
1 On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 7:35 PM, Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
4 > wrote:
5 > >
6 > > I disagree strongly and think this is unwise because many may contribute
7 > but
8 > > not have time to go through the recruitment process or any interest in
9 > being
10 > > part of the project. Also, it is critical that there is representation
11 > from
12 > > outside of the project proper, as the Gentoo developer world can become
13 > > (many will argue that is already has become) a kind of mono-culture.
14 >
15 > Is the intent really for these non-developer Foundation members to be
16 > considered "outside of the project proper?"
17 >
18 > Are they stakeholder or aren't they? If they are, then we shouldn't
19 > treat them like second class citizens. If they aren't, then we
20 > shouldn't treat them as if they are. Certainly we can listen to them,
21 > but they shouldn't be part of formal governance.
22 >
23 > If the concern is that we become a "mono-culture" wouldn't it make
24 > more sense to bring in the voices that would make it not be a
25 > mono-culture?
26 >
27 > How is it better to instead keep those voices outside, but then give
28 > them the power to shame those who are actually actively contributing?
31 Rich, I really have no time to discuss every minor point into the ground,
32 so I will refrain from replying to your esoteric questions. I think my
33 perspective is clear and can be understood by anyone who sincerely attempts
34 to do so.
35
36 -Daniel