From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Microsoft buys GitHub
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 16:25:14
1 On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 10:05 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > W dniu pon, 04.06.2018 o godzinie 15∶07 +0200, użytkownik Michał Górny
3 > napisał:
4 >> W dniu pon, 04.06.2018 o godzinie 19∶47 +0700, użytkownik
5 >> grozin@g.o napisał:
6 >> > https://itsfoss.com/microsoft-github/
7 >> >
8 >> > Does this influence Gentoo GitHun usage?
9 >> >
10 >>
11 >> As far as I'm aware, our Bylaws, Social Contract etc. don't say anything
12 >> about having to hate Microsoft.
13 >>
14 >> Gentoo should continue to support users via GitHub as long as users are
15 >> willing to contribute this way, and there are developers who wish to
16 >> support them.
19 > Oh, I should have mentioned: as long as there are no major ToS changes
20 > or other events that would meaningfully affect our use of their
21 > services.
24 That is exactly what people are expecting, but more in the way of
25 feature changes or a lack of development on integration with open
26 source technologies.
27
28 For anyone interested, here is a fairly comprehensive comparison of
29 self hosting options: https://docs.gitea.io/en-us/comparison/
30
31 It is likely gitea is the best.
32