From: Alexey Lapitsky <lex.public@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo, GitHub, and the Social Contract
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 09:55:43
1 Hi Mart,
2
3 I agree with every sentence from your email.
4
5 Rich made a great example about the rabbit hole. I don't think we
6 should blindly follow the social contract.
7
8 Just want to add that Github has pushed forward so many open source
9 projects that we must ask ourselves a different question:
10
11 Is Gentoo willing to say "no" to the new users, developers and the
12 speed of development just because Github is not FOSS?
13
14 As Rich said, Gentoo has always been a bit pragmatic. I think it
15 should be an easy question for any pragmatic team.
16