From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2021-05-09
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 20:23:00
1 On Sun, 2021-05-02 at 21:07 +0200, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On 2021-05-01 17:14, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
5 > > There's rumors going around that Agostino's tinderbox basically
6 > > already burned through our entire 2021 AWS Open Source credit budget
7 > > and has overdrawn it significantly.
8 > >
9 > > Independent of whether this rumor is true or not, I would like to
10 > > discuss
11 > > * how we can avoid such a situation in the future,
12 > > * and how we can fairly handle the distribution of limited infra
13 > > resources that may end up costing us money
14 >
15 > Is this really a topic for council?
16 >
17 > Isn't foundation an independent body and if someone requests funding
18 > from foundation and will get it approved...
19 >
20 > Or in other words: Can council veto against funding requests the
21 > foundation received and wants to approve?
22 >
23 > If not, I really see nothing to discuss for council and non-foundation
24 > members. It's their money...
28 If that is how you want things to be, then I suppose that the Council
29 should issue an official info that users donating towards Gentoo should
30 note that an arbitrary organization 'far the advancement and education
31 and promotion of software development in an open environment' will do
32 whatever they want with the money without being concerned about
33 the goals set forth by the Council.
37 Best regards,
38 Michał Górny