From: Michael Jones <gentoo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo, GitHub, and the Social Contract
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 22:14:27
1 On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Its fine as long as infra is the centre of our operations. Because github
5 > is so much better than cvs provided by infra (sorry infra its true) I worry
6 > that we'll depend on it too much. To be honest, I love the entire github
7 > workflow and would feel much better if we could just own it ourselves.
10 In case folks on this list haven't seen it before, Gerrit[1] offers a
11 workflow that might be attractive to Gentoo, over and above GitHub's.
12
13 Some example's of Gerrit in use include the Qt project [2] and Coreboot
14 project [3]
15
16 Of special interest is that Gerrit provides an API by which verification
17 scripts can be run against each patch under consideration, such a repoman.
18 It further lets authorized users to push a patch from the web, without
19 needing to open the git commandline, similar to how GitHub pull requests
20 work.
21
22 Just food for thought!
23
24 Cheers
25 --Michael Jones
29 > --
30 > Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
31 > Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
32 > E-Mail : blueness@g.o
33 > GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
34 > GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA
38 [1] https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/
39 [2] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/status:open,n,z
40 [3] http://review.coreboot.org/#/q/status:open