From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Clarify language of GLEP 39
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 09:11:03
1 >>>>> On Sat, 14 Jan 2017, Doug Freed wrote:
2
3 > Therefore, I'm specifically asking the council to remove the
4 > ambiguity in the language and pick one clear meaning.
5
6 The council has no jurisdiction over GLEP 39 and cannot change its
7 wording. GLEP 39 defines our metastructure, including the council
8 itself, and was approved by an all devs vote.
9
10 It was published as a GLEP only because at the time that was the most
11 convenient format (note that the type of the GLEP is "informational").
12
13 Ulrich