From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: council members and appeals
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 19:05:13
1 On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 11:52 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 1:40 PM, Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
4 > wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Ironically, being open and responsive to tinfoil-esque comments actually
7 > > will do a great deal to dispel tinfoil-esque paranoia going forward.
10 > While that seems like a reasonable hypothesis, I fear that it isn't
11 > well-established with data.
12 >
13 > In any case I support being open just to be open, and so far the
14 > people who have been in dual-roles have chosen to recuse themselves,
15 > so this seems mostly like a hypothetical argument.
18 Cool. Regarding the specific wording of William's patch to GLEP 39, I would
19 suggest possibly softening the wording of "will be removed" and just state
20 that they can only serve in one capacity. Sounds a bit violent currently :)
21
22 I'd prefer an option to opt out rather than a mandatory stepping down, but
23 I am not outright opposed to it. I have no gory details of naughty things
24 guiding my viewpoint, just trusting that if WilliamH has concerns, others
25 probably do too.
26
27 And yes, I know that it is not my decision to make. Just sharing my
28 perspective. I figure that's worth saying every now and then.
29
30 -Daniel