From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] ComRel / disciplinary action reform proposal
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 18:31:20
1 On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 7:25:53 PM EST Michał Górny wrote:
2 >
3 > I can understand that you have no life outside Gentoo but some people
4 > do, and they have a right to keep them private.
5
6 Insults are completely uncalled for!
7
8 You do not know me what so ever. I am quite social and have a life outside of
9 Gentoo. Not to mention a business and other things. Maybe go talk to a Gentoo
10 Dev who has met me, or knows me a bit.
11
12 People need to stop assuming they know others they do not. Live in different
13 countries, have no personal contact. Know absolutely nothing, yet make wild
14 assumptions and insulting comments. Maybe make an effort to get to know
15 someone before judging and commenting on aspects of their life you have no
16 knowledge of. The nerve of some people, not sure who people thing they are
17 casting stones living in glass houses.
18
19 This is the atmosphere and attitudes surrounding Gentoo that MUST change.
20 People are flat out unfriendly, judge others, and make insulting comments. It
21 is really amazing what is tolerated, and what is considered a CoC violation.
24 William L. Thomson Jr.