From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Bylaw proposal: Amend Section 4.3. Admission of Members: automatic developer membership
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 19:17:11
1 On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 05:16:48AM -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3 > > TL;DR: move comrel, infra, PR to Foundation. Have strict(er) application
4 > > of policies to them in line with their powers.
5 > 1. I don't think we ought to be giving more power to the Foundation
6 > until the Foundation membership is re-aligned with the distro
7 > developer membership. We essentially have two democratic
8 > organizations with overlapping but different constituencies, and I'm
9 > not sure Gentoo could survive if they start trying to pull the distro
10 > in different directions since the community seems like it is barely
11 > above critical mass as it is.
12 Should we amend the bylaws such that all active developers are
13 automatically members of the Foundation, without specifically applying?
14 Thereafter, on developer retirement, failing to cast a vote in two
15 consecutive elections will end their membership.
16 Non-developers can still apply as before.
19 Robin Hugh Johnson
20 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Trustee & Treasurer
21 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
22 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
23 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136