From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Repo mirror & CI: official statement wrt GitHub
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 00:33:43
1 On 2018-06-14 16:14, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > They seem to offer docker packages, so we could just nab those and run
3 > them in containers on hosts. I'm not too keen on doing a bunch of
4 > (really what I consider busywork) to try to 'get it working on Gentoo.'
5 > We already use upstream provided containers and I expect that to
6 > continue as upstreams continue to abandon the 'release packages' model
7 > and move to 'release sets of containers' model.
8
9 Huh? Is this the Gentoo-way? I hope not! :(
10
11 No, I really hope something like that will never happen. Like I hope we
12 will never see the attempt to add "FLATPAK", "Snap"... to the official
13 Gentoo repository.
17 Regards,
18 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
19 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5