From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 15:26:38
1 On Monday, December 5, 2016 10:10:51 AM EST Yury German wrote:
2 > > On Dec 5, 2016, at 10:00 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
3 > > wrote:
6 > > Which I must say has clearly shown a flaw in Gentoo and a BIG one. If I
7 > > can
8 > > pose as another... Seems no SPF, or other DKIM, DMARC.
9 >
10 > Look enough instigating already…. You want to know what is going to affect
11 > your future work status, etc… it is SH*T like mailing list where you are
12 > instigating problems non stop.
13
14 Would this problem be known if I had not exposed it?
15
16 > You are not happy camper!!!! EVERYONE IN THE
17 > WORLD who reads this list already got this. Hell if I was hiring someone
18 > and I would do a search on the Internet, the previous Gentoo stuff would
19 > not even phase me… what you are doing here would be an immediate blacklist
20 > for you for any jobs possible within the company.
21
22 Given I have been self employed since 2000. My concern for getting a job is
23 very little. It hasn't happened regardless of stuff like this on list. IMHO
24 the biggest challenge is going from Entrepreneur to Employee. Its different
25 mindsets.
26
27 Employers question loyalty of Entrepreneur's. Employees tend to be loyal to
28 their employer. Entrepreneur's tend to be loyal to themselves.
29
30 All other challenges are minor.
31
32 > You are not happy with the way Gentoo is run, OK we get that to.
33
34 Not liking 1 entity in Gentoo is not speaking of Gentoo as a whole. Do I think
35 Gentoo's overall structure could improve surely. But that is not what I am
36 discussing. I am not talking about merging Foundation and Council,
37 restructuring Gentoo.
38
39 Simply getting a problem out of the way so it is no longer a problem for
40 Gentoo. A problem that has effected MANY more than just myself. I am not doing
41 this for me, I am doing it for all others who have been effected.
42
43 If I have to sacrifice myself for the sake of others, so be it. Consider me a
44 freedom fighter. The price of freedom most times is death.
45
46 > You are not
47 > happy with anything to do with Gentoo… then enough already please move
48 > yourself to another distribution and leave the people that are working on
49 > Gentoo
50
51 Once again I am not doing anything. I have not contributed anything, nor
52 documentation etc. Others are getting in the way of MY work...
53
54 > and would be much happier without you just bothering them. There are
55 > a lot of other distributions that you could use, so stop whining… and just
56 > go somewhere else.
57
58 Do you think I would be happier if people treated me better? Or stopped
59 getting in the way of progress. Or if they just did the work themselves or
60 found someone to do it. I would happily go away.
61
62 You all are not making it happen. So you want me to go away so things will not
63 happen for even longer? That does not sound like a good strategy.
66 William L. Thomson Jr.