From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: Expanding Foundation Bylaws, section 4.9 Termination from Membership
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 22:57:09
1 W dniu sob, 10.02.2018 o godzinie 15∶31 -0700, użytkownik Daniel Robbins
2 napisał:
3 > On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o>
4 > wrote:
7 > > That, however, is exactly the opposite of another understanding of
8 > > professional, which intends to attract seasoned system administrators or
9 > > company representatives.
12 > "Professional" is more defined by its opposite, "unprofessional". Maybe
13 > there is more consensus around that word. In a professional environment,
14 > people make an effort to be polite, friendly, cooperative. There are
15 > consequences for being disruptive, abusive, rude. Likewise, in Gentoo, we
16 > should have the same. Maybe not as strict -- but a general understanding
17 > that you are part of a community and expected to contribute positively to
18 > the community -- not just positive technical work, but make a positive
19 > contribution as a HUMAN BEING.
22 I think the key thing in behaving 'professional' is being able to put
23 your private differences and/or conflicts aside, and work with other
24 developers as the situation demands it.
25
26 The the contrary, examples of 'unprofessional' behavior would include
27 actions such as rudely rejecting requests from a particular developer
28 [1], or escalating personal issues to commit messages [2].
29
30 [1]:https://bugs.gentoo.org/627592#c1
31 [2]:https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=f411e279bcad67780663c7973f0d021da4485159
34 Best regards,