From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 00:45:27
1 On Thursday, December 1, 2016 6:48:33 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > The one thing I haven't seen is anybody saying, "Ok, maybe I blew it,
4 > and I'm sorry, I promise I won't do it again." And, honestly, when I
5 > see an appeal that is probably the one thing I'm most interested in
6 > seeing.
7
8 Do you ever wonder why despite different situations and reasons no one is
9 saying that? Think about it for a bit. What would cause you to not say the
10 above?
11
12 That right there is the biggest issue. That comment is one sided. It is
13 expected from the "miss-behaving developer", but it never comes from Gentoo.
14 I have never seen anyone in Comrel/devrel say the above.
15
16 Ok maybe I blew it and mishandled a situation. Maybe we should not have
17 censored someone on IRC/MailingList, etc. Maybe we overreacted with punishment
18 etc and made a situation much bigger. Maybe we did not need to get involved.
19
20 Just because you dial 911 and police show up. Does not mean they do anything.
21
22 The blame always falls on the individual. Never others, or the process. It is
23 very one sided. I have seen far more mistakes on the other side. Which is why
24 there is no way I would ever say the above. Others likely have their own
25 similar reasoning.
26
27 Do as I say, not as I do, no way Jose!!!
30 William L. Thomson Jr.