From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-project] changing the default of ACCEPT_LICENSE in portage
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 11:29:02
1 Am Mittwoch 31 Juli 2013, 01:17:50 schrieb Jeroen Roovers:
2 > On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:28:20 +0200
3 >
4 > hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
5 > > > Gentoo has been and should remain a pragmatic distribution rather
6 > > > than promoting a specific licensing philosophy to our users.
7 > >
8 > > We are already doing that by declaring:
9 > > "Gentoo is and will remain Free Software".
10 >
11 > I disagree with your interpretation. This text has always been about
12 > the software Gentoo produces, not about the distro of multi-license
13 > packages that this software allows you to compile. So it's about the
14 > package manager, ebuilds, eclasses, helper tools, boot scripts and so
15 > on that the Gentoo Project authors.
18 Actually, Jer makes a very good point here which I would like to
19 wholeheartedly support.
20
21 I have always found it a positive side of Gentoo that regarding the software
22 which we package we focus on practicalities instead of ideology.
25 Andreas K. Huettel
26 Gentoo Linux developer
27 kde, sci, arm, tex, printing, council