From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: GLEP 76
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 14:12:36
1 On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 12:49:33PM +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > In my opinion GLEP 76 is the most controversial decision made by
3 > running council. While it fixed some long standing issues like
4 > copyright headers and proper acknowledgement of out of the tree
5 > contributors, it created grave problems: now some long-time
6 > contributors and even developer are seriously discriminated because
7 > they want to keep their privacy.
8
9 I only know of one developer who this affected, so I don't see it as
10 that big of an issue.
11
12 Personally, I'm fine with the real name requirement for sign-offs;. The
13 Linux kernel requires real names, and I believe many open source
14 projects do.
15
16 William