From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 17:39:35
1 On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org> wrote:
2 > realize that they technically have the
3 > ability to whoop your butt, but choose not to exercise it. So maybe be
4 > thankful for that.
5
6 People aren't going to be thankful merely because somebody chooses not
7 to exercise the power to whoop your butt. :)
8
9 As I've said, I agree that the Trustees have a thankless job, and I'd
10 argue an impossible one at this point. My point hasn't been to bash
11 the individuals in this role, but to question whether we really need
12 to go on this way.
13
14 This has nothing to do with the individuals currently holding the
15 title of Trustee or Council member. IMO what really matters is how we
16 want to be governed. If we decide to make big changes, then we can
17 always hold another election to decide who gets to sit in what chair
18 going forward. I think the #1 concern needs to be sustainability,
19 because if we don't have that then everything else just becomes words
20 on paper.
23 Rich