From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 19:22:07
1 Dnia 2014-07-29, o godz. 14:06:18
2 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > Would like to ask for action about how to finally handle bash-completion
5 > on Gentoo. Looks like we are using a different approach as upstream to
6 > handle completions now, there was a try (one year ago) to try to switch
7 > to upstream style but seems that the revision implementing that was
8 > later dropped due some arguments.
9
10 Just to be clear, the arguments were not due to new bash-completion
11 itself but due to lack of completeness and documentation. If I recall
12 correctly, it was reverted simply because nobody was willing to do
13 the remaining work and we had no real documentation for the new system.
14 In other words, users upgraded, completions stopped working and didn't
15 know why or how to proceed.
16
17 I don't know if the Council needs to say anything here. It's just
18 a matter of doing the work.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny