From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 09:43:30
1 Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 May 2017 01:54:32 -0500
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> So you are ignoring some of the possible solutions and changes I
6 >> included in my other posts?
7 > There's seldom any kind of useful change that happens on the ml.
8 >
9 > I mean, we discuss the sorts of changes we want to make some of the time,
10 > but ... well, real changes often look like git commits / patches.
11 >
12 > Having ideas is the easy part, making it work, much harder.
13 >
14 > But I may have overlooked something, feel free to correct me.
15
16 I had some ideas in the next to last paragraph of my other reply, which
17 I'm not going to reply to unless you reply there. That had a idea on
18 how to do things in a better way. First thing tho, some need to stop
19 ignoring the problem. If ignoring it was going to fix it, then it
20 should have fixed it long ago. A few need to try to discuss the problem
21 and those solutions offered instead of trying to shut down anything on
22 the topic. It's not like people outside Gentoo don't already know about
23 some of the Gentoo issues.
24
25 I believe that if people wanted to, this could be improved. Thing is,
26 doing the same thing for years is not fixing it. There are a lot of
27 good people who do try, Rich is one of them, but it needs to be talked
28 about honestly and have more than one person trying to come up with
29 solutions. Someone else may read my idea and then add something to it
30 and make Gentoo a whole lot better. That in turn could improve other
31 things as well. I'm at least trying to start a discussion and get what
32 this is about in the open.
33
34 When I'm on -user, I sometimes try to help people even if it is nothing
35 more than googling for a answer. As we know, doing google searches from
36 different places gives different results at times. Even if the person
37 needing help did a google search but came up empty, that doesn't mean I
38 will get the same results. The point is, we need to be trying to help
39 each other, devs or not. I actually like that Rich is on -user and he
40 does help when he can. To have a dev do that, it does change the list a
41 bit. It's a positive thing.
42
43 Still, I'm open to trying to work out something that a dev or other
44 person can take and try to improve Gentoo. It's going to require
45 someone willing to listen and discuss it first tho. If not, this sort
46 of thing will happen again until it is dealt with.
47
48 Dale
49