From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Questions for Candidates (was: Questioning/Interviewing council nominees)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 17:26:07
1 hasufell schrieb:
2 > On 07/01/2013 01:16 PM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
3 >> But until
4 >> then, if the kids cannot get along they shall play on separate playgrounds.
5 >
6 > That separate playground is usually an overlay and it has already
7 > happened,
8
9 They can each have their own ebuild in portage. I do not think that overlays
10 are the solution here.
11
12 > Does that improve user experience? Is that the answer to a systematic
13 > problem of inconsistency and stubbornness?
14
15 I fail to see the systematic problem. It was a couple of devs who made drama.
16 Not enough in my eyes to justify a policy change.
17
18 > Will that make any1
19 > reconsider his attitude about being a maintainer and realize that it
20 > means to serve the _user_?
21
22 No, it means to scratch an itch.
25 Best regards,