From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 08:55:55
1 On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On November 14, 2016 4:13:21 AM GMT+01:00, Raymond Jennings <
5 > shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > think IIRC that we already had an anongit.gentoo.org
8 > >server pool on the todo list somewhere so that we *wouldn't* have to
9 > >use
10 > >github.
11 >
12 > Could you *please* stop loudly voicing opinions on things that you clearly
13 > have no clue about, and didn't even spend a second checking?
14 >
15 > anongit exists and is fully functional. A single click on that hostname
16 > should be sufficient to convince you of that.
19 Sorry, left out some context by mistake. Right now, I'm syncing my portage
20 tree off the "gentoo-mirror" repo hosted on github. it's a live clone of
21 the master portage tree in git, but run through a bot that does a QA check
22 and then adds on some trimmings for users. a.g.o doesn't appear to have
23 that repo listed (or I'm blind as a bat and can't find it)
24
25 I'm aware of anongit.gentoo.org, maybe it can host the mirror from github
26 too? And maybe a few other repos?
27
28 Mgorny?