From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: GLEP - Require Projects to report to Council Monthly
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 15:45:54
1 On Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:57:12 PM EST Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 12:03:02 -0500
3 >
4 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Yes because there is a horrible atmosphere and attitude around Gentoo
6 > > these
7 > > days. I am not of that mindset or perspective. I never have been.
8 >
9 > That may be how you see it.
10
11 No that is fact, given how people keep discussing and focusing on punishment.
12 It clearly shows a mindset and the atmosphere. Not a friendly one!
13
14 > But for me, I don't really have that problem in general, and I only seem to
15 > bump into it when dealing with these horrible mailinglists of rivers of
16 > emails that never end, when I'd rather STFU&WSC
17
18 Please I tend to be more active than most speaking
19 https://github.com/wltjr
20
21 > And for me, it very much *is* what you're writing that gives me these vibes.
22
23 You do not know me, and you are reading things I did not write. Worrying about
24 things I am not even discussing. None of that comes from me....
25
26 > I don't pretend to be able to explain how that is, but it is true.
27 >
28 > I don't know how to resolve it either, but I'm just generally trying to
29 > think to myself "Should I actually respond, or should I just shut my mouth
30 > and do something else lest I make this fire worse"
31
32 I see allot of people talking who became developers years after I was one. I
33 do not see any respect for those that came before. No respect for wisdom
34 gained over a decade, etc.
35
36 I routinely will google Gentoo New Developer, with a persons name. Rarely am I
37 talking to anyone from say before 2010. Most have become developers since and
38 have a very different perspective.
41 William L. Thomson Jr.