From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 23:30:04
1 On Saturday 10 May 2014 12:46:31 hasufell wrote:
2 > Samuli Suominen:
3 > > On 09/05/14 21:37, Tom Wijsman wrote:
4 > >>> It's counterproductive, means now user needs to read sourcecode of
5 > >>> each package to determine it for himself, no global USE="gtk"
6 > >>> possible anymore, massive pollution of package.use.
7 > >>
8 > >> So, rehashing it in a thread to which it is unrelated yields no results.
9 > >
10 > > I'm not so sure, it seems QA is picking policies as per what some loud
11 > > people on the ML say as opposed to giving overwhelming technical arguments
12 > > their proper weight
13 >
14 > Well, if QA team members confuses "bugs" with "bug reports" and say they
15 > don't want to do actual work (aka tinderbox), because it would cause
16 > more "bugs", then I have serious doubts about their technical
17 > understanding of certain issues.
18
19 It's not about "want", it's about having the resources (mostly time) to do so.
20
21 If you wish to experience that for yourself - just build everything (I can
22 give you a script to do so), and then triage bugs. It's great fun for the first
23 few hundred failures :)