From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 20:30:33
1 On 03/10/16 22:03, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > Gentoo's entire structure is not what it was intended to be. I have spoken to
3 > Daniel Robbins a few times about this. Things I had in mind long ago with
4 > changing Gentoo's structure, the foundations role, etc were more in line with
5 > what he had intended things to be. Though I believe most do not want that,
6 > likely out of ignorance and status quo, rather than not wanting thing to
7 > change for the good.
8 >
9 > Few projects have structure like Gentoo. Which is also in part why Gentoo has
10 > unique issues, though they can be similar to others. Still very different just
11 > the same. I spent time looking into others, FreeBSD, Gnome, Debian, etc.
12
13 Curious, could you elaborate more on this, or just point to archives if
14 you already did?
15
16 Paweł