From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Require OpenPGP signatures from existing devs on new developer applications?
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 18:19:22
1 On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 1:00 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > I also had thoughts of helping to provide funds for travel to developers, and
5 > in a utopian world also provide development gear, laptop, etc. Gentoo being a
6 > 501c6 like the NFL was, and PGA Tour. The PGA Tour provides laptops to
7 > members, Tiger Woods etc. Gentoo could be doing the same with proper
8 > organization, and a functional foundation.
9 >
10 > So many things are possible with proper organization, leadership, and a strong
11 > foundation....
14 Perhaps you mean a professional leadership and lots of money? I'm not
15 convinced the average Gentoo developer would like Gentoo to run like
16 the NFL, Canonical, or even Apache. None of these are small
17 community-based organizations.
18
19 I'd love to see something like an annual Gentoo conference, but part
20 of me wonders if the changes we'd need to make to have such a thing
21 would leave us happy with the result.
24 Rich