From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 19:33:05
1 On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 11:49:45AM -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > Who is working with the IRS?
3 You know the answer to this question, because you explicitly asked me
4 about it. Since I took on the role of Treasurer late last year, we've
5 had 4 separate negative responses from the IRS to date, as well as one
6 automatic acceptance (we filed an extension on last year's tax forms).
7
8 The negative responses have been centered around the lack of records
9 passed on from the prior trustees, as well as the fact that the IRS
10 doesn't see the new trustees as valid contacts (eg requiring an SSN
11 rather than an ITIN, and rejecting my requests for information;
12 rejecting our CPA's requests for information on the grounds of
13 third-party contact rules).
14
15 > Why is that not in line since 2008 or ever?
16 You'll have to ask the prior treasurers why they didn't keep it up to
17 date. I received very little in the way of records from them, and NONE
18 of those records I did get mention the IRS whatsoever.
21 Robin Hugh Johnson
22 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Trustee & Treasurer
23 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
24 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
25 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136