From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: improving alternative PM support in gentoo
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 13:31:08
1 Dnia 2015-08-19, o godz. 12:46:26
2 Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de> napisał(a):
3
4 > Alexander Berntsen <bernalex@g.o> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > What I'd like to see for the handbook is basically it being turned
7 > > into a choose-your-own-adventure book, with an index and a "view all
8 > > options"-type of presentation.
9 >
10 > This has two major obstacles:
11 >
12 > 1. Users should be able to get a complete copy (also a printed copy)
13 > with *full* installation instructions for some setup.
14 > In fact, users might not have (easy) access to the internet before
15 > the installation process is completed.
16 >
17 > 2. If you have many alternatives, all of these alternatives
18 > must be maintained very regularly. Currently, the handbook
19 > has already troubles in keeping up-to-date with *one* option.
20
21 So, say, should we switch the handbook to systemd if systemd people are
22 going to have less trouble updating it? :P
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny
27 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>