From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: Power balance
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 22:18:31
1 Hi,
2
3 On 2019-06-15 12:00, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
4 > Gentoo power balance was carefully crafted over the years. However
5 > during last year that balance was disrupted:
6 >
7 > 1. The same person can now be in the Gentoo Council and the Trustees
8 > board.
9 > 2. QA can now bypass Comrel on bans.
10 >
11 > What is your opinion on this?
12 > Should this balance be left as is?
13 > If it should be tuned, then how?
14 >
15 > I'm worried about that some people or teams may gain too much power
16 > and misuse it.
17
18 I fully share your concerns. Please read what I wrote before council
19 voted on that topic
20 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/ba028e0ca53f6f55cf04f52645b52cee
21 and during that meeting and today in
22 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/a3b6bf6b96d2703ea71ec3e0fdc4889b.
23
24 But even if some of us are disagreeing and concerned, for now we have to
25 accept and respect that this motion passed. That's part of any
26 democratic process.
27
28 May I ask you if you know GLEP 77 (Gentoo General Resolution)? With such
29 a 'rescue tool' in place we all should be a little bit more relaxed and
30 have some faith in each other, even if we disagree on some topics.
34 Regards,
35 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
36 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5