From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council / Git Migration Agenda
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 11:00:05
1 On 10/07/14 06:58, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Can we do that without requiring the git replace stuff? E.g. have
4 >> dev.git be a shallow clone of a joined-history.git?
5 >>
6 > That was the original plan I suggested abandoning in my email, for the
7 > reasons stated in my email. None of them had to do with repository
8 > size, actually, though having a repository with an obsolete 1.5GB
9 > history embedded certainly isn't ideal.
10 >
11 > --
12 > Rich
15 What does a shallow clone mean exactly?
18 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
19 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
20 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
22 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA