From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-05-13
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 11:43:55
1 On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 4:30 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 05/02/2018 11:52 PM, Paweł Hajdan, Jr. wrote:
3 >> On 02/05/2018 23:11, Raymond Jennings wrote:
4 >>> My goal is to highlight any possible lack of needed resources in this area.
5 >>>
6 >>> I, as a user, have noticed very slow response times on dealing with
7 >>> games bugs, and I was curious if added attention would highlight any
8 >>> deficiencies.
9 >>>
10 >>> Also, I was curious if I was the only user having trouble in this area.
11 >>>
12 >>> I deduced that the audit I mentioned would shed light on the situation.
13 >> Just got a thought: is this type of thing for a Council meeting agenda,
14 >> or just something we (you?) could do on the mailing list?
15 >
16 > I don't see any specific action requested from council, one action the
17 > council could do in theory is of course mandate a mass-treecleaning or
18 > removal of keywords of the unmaintained packages, but I doubt that is
19 > something the OP wants.
20
21 More like I'm curious how aware the council is of manpower/progress statistics.
22
23 Does the council have the information it needs to monitor the health
24 of the project as a whole?
25
26 Games just happens to be my most immediate interest.
27
28 > --
29 > Kristian Fiskerstrand
30 > OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
31 > fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3