From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo Elections <elections@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation: A second election
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 18:10:01
1 On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 2:42 PM Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > >>>>> On Mon, 23 Aug 2021, Michał Górny wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Mon, 2021-08-23 at 14:00 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
6 >
7 <snip>
8
9 > >> For reference, the procedure for Council elections is this [1]:
10 > >>
11 > >> If the pseudo-candidate '_reopen_nominations' appears in 7th place
12 > >> or higher those candidates that rank above '_reopen_nominations'
13 > >> will be the current council. A second period of nominations will
14 > >> be opened for the remaining council seats. No third period of
15 > >> nominations will be opened in the event '_repoen_nominations'
16 > >> ranks higher than the candidates necessary to fill the council.
17 >
18 > > Honestly, this seems unclear to me. Does that mean that Council will
19 > > have less members than 7?
20 >
21 > Yes, this is how I would read it, and I think the full log of the
22 > meeting fully clarifies that this was the intention.
25 This is what was approved "back then". The intention was to leave those
26 candidates that ranked below _reopen_nominations out of the Council, even
27 if that caused the Council to have less than 7 members.
28 The 2nd election period was meant to provide an opportunity for new
29 candidates to come forward or for the electorate to rethink their vote.
30 AFAIK, the Trustees have always argued that we should not reduce the number
31 of members in the Board.
32
33 Regards,
34 Jorge