From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 17:52:16
1 On Sun, 11 May 2014 19:18:27 +0200
2 Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Can you also consider that people are pushing QA too hard, or rubbing
5 > the QA team the wrong way? Action, reaction; there are two sides to
6 > it.
7
8 Sure. Everyone suffers.
9
10 But as you quoted others as saying they are getting "really tired",
11 "succesfully demotivated", and are having sarcastic little giggles about
12 the effect you (in your QA role or otherwise) apparently have on them,
13 as an _apparent_ response to your "hold[ing] on to policy by quoting it,
14 which QA is asked to do", "contact[ing] multiple persons from the arch
15 teams", and notably "...", you have an obvious problem working in that
16 setting.
17
18 Given that this was the material you gave me to work with, that was my
19 entirely uninvolved viewpoint of the matter at hand. And to me it looks
20 remarkably like you were throwing the book at someone while assuming a
21 "[QA]" role. It doesn't look like that's working out too well.
24 Regards,
25 jer