From: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation meeting agenda for April 2018
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 07:17:40
1 On Sun, Apr 8, 2018, at 22:29 CDT, zlg <zlg@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Why do you feel the Council should oversee so much despite assuming no
4 > liability or responsibility?
5
6 We are merely talking about the current status quo here.
7
8 Ultimately it is a question about how we - as in Gentoo Developer
9 community, or as the open source project as we are [1] - want to
10 organize and govern ourselves. The current form, GLEP 39, establishes a
11 Gentoo Council and Projects - if we were to decide another form of
12 self-organization is more appropriate so be it. But this is orthogonal
13 to the current question.
14
15 Best,
16 Matthias
17
18 [1] This is as an unincorporated associations of individuals.