From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 01:25:54
1 On 13/11/16 01:22, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 11/13/2016 02:21 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 >> On Friday, November 11, 2016 7:22:19 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >>> That really reeks of micromanagement to me. We don't have Council
5 >>> approve individual appointments in any team currently, and the Comrel
6 >>> lead already has the power to add/remove anybody from the team as
7 >>> needed.
8 >> No other project in Gentoo is controlled like that. Any developer can join any
9 >> team without approval. It is not right that Comrel get's to choose who gets to
10 >> be part of Comrel. Also that Comrel can remove members from that team/project.
11 >>
12 > " The QA team lead must approve developers who would like to join the
13 > project. The applicant must demonstrate a thorough understanding of the
14 > duties he would like to perform. By accepting the applicant the QA team
15 > lead will accept the responsibility to direct them as part of the team
16 > and will be held responsible for any action the team member takes on
17 > behalf of the QA team."
20 ^^ This sounds like a perfectly workable equivalent that could be
21 applied to Comrel .. thoughts??