From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council: Policy for Systemd units
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:24:47
1 On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 7:17 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > What worries me is that we've reached the point where we need the
3 > Council to define a policy for adding simple text file to packages.
4 > If maintainers can't work things out then a policy can't fix that.
5
6 I do agree that ideally this is often a personal issue. And yet, the
7 issue still exists. If a dev wants to add a file to a package and the
8 maintainer refuses the only way for the dev to get that file in is to
9 just add themselves as a maintainer, add the file, and send bugmail to
10 /dev/null other than stuff related to the one file they want to
11 maintain. If the first maintainer walks away in a fit then the only
12 remaining maintainer ends up leaving as well since the only reason
13 they were there was to override the desires of the first.
14
15 It doesn't help when people basically threaten to quit over systemd units.
16
17 Rich