From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 02:14:13
1 On Thursday, December 1, 2016 3:04:15 AM EST Luis Ressel wrote:
2 > On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 17:19:12 -0500
3 >
4 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Ciaran is NOT a troll. He is not how most will make him out to be,
6 > > and should likely have never been driven away from Gentoo. Ciaran,
7 > > and many others, all of Exherbo, Funtoo, and others including myself
8 > > should be reunited.
9 >
10 > I think you may be interpreting this wrongly and tamiko didn't intend
11 > to insult Ciaran at all. I might've actually sent a similar mail myself
12 > if tamiko hadn't been faster. Ciaran's mails to the gentoo MLs are
13 > always worth reading because they either contain interesting technical
14 > remarks or hilarious jokes. What's wrong with acknowledging that?
15
16 Very likely but my focus wasn't so much on the terms or otherwise. It was just
17 a good opportunity for me to express something I have long felt.
18
19 I realized that my perception of Ciaran was likely completely wrong based on
20 my own situation and black label outcast status probably a year or more ago. I
21 just never had the chance to speak up on such.
22
23 Joke or not, I felt it was a good time to share my thoughts on him. I believe
24 there are others out there as well. Trolling aspect aside, the rest of my
25 comments regarding him and others still stand.
28 William L. Thomson Jr.