From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] ComRel / disciplinary action reform proposal
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 20:20:17
1 On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 2:40 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > I think all of that is a waste of everyone's time. I also see it as futile for
5 > many reasons I stated, even if an appeal is won. It does not make others
6 > forget the past, or start liking someone they do not.
9 Well, then, I'm not sure why you're still here.
10
11 > Problems are much bigger and deeper than anything someone could appeal. How
12 > does my reputation get appealed? Being painted as an outcast by a minority and
13 > how I am treated, provoked in ways others are not.
14
15 Has anybody divulged any information publicly which damaged your
16 reputation? I've been trying to be careful to only repeat allegations
17 that you have yourself posted, without confirming whether or not they
18 are actually accurate. This is a big reason for the policy about not
19 publicly announcing disciplinary actions. We DON'T want to harm the
20 reputations of others. Now, if they go ruining their own reputations
21 by posting about them, that is outside our control.
24 Rich