From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 01:41:05
1 On Saturday, November 12, 2016 8:24:12 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > In either case the person affected can appeal to Council which makes
4 > the final decision.
5
6 If a problem went from Team Lead, or Leads, to a vote from the entire council.
7 An appeal should not be necessary. There should not be an appeal process or
8 need. Such things should not occur and everyone should be doing everything
9 possible to prevent it. Thus again nothing to appeal.
10
11 > I don't really see the need to make the appeal automatic, which is
12 > basically what you're advocating. If the person affected accepts the
13 > decision, then it can stand. If they don't think the decision is
14 > right, they can appeal.
15
16 I do not see your obsession with this appeal. Do you really want to waste more
17 of the councils time? I am not even council member or developer, but will not
18 bring stupid matters to the council to waste others time. Clearly you have a
19 different level of respect for others time on a TECHNICAL project not social.
20
21 > The purpose of the Council is to deal with conflicts between
22 > teams/etc. At the moment that the QA/Comrel teams make a decision
23 > there is no actual conflict. The conflict exists when the person
24 > affected by the decision announces their disagreement and desire to
25 > appeal.
26
27 Given your blatant view of the status quo and your comments is a very large
28 part why I feel any appeal is futile. I seriously hope there is different
29 leadership on the Council. One that is more open minded to changing the status
30 quo. Which clearly you are seeking to preserve and further restrict so the
31 state quo remains.
32
33 Rich nothing personal, but I vehemently disagree with how you view most
34 things. Your helping to take Gentoo in a very bad direction. Albeit with good
35 intentions. Given your public view, appeal to you is pointless.
38 William L. Thomson Jr.