From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Merging Trustees and Council / Developers and Foundation
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 16:24:18
1 On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 10:57 AM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Friday, January 6, 2017 1:10:48 PM EST Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
4 >
5 >> * The electorate lists for the "council" or "board" are handled by
6 >> ourselves, and do not require membership of any legal body.
7 >
8 > Again you have to have something legal to protect the name and other IP. There
9 > is no getting around that period.
12 I think the thing you missed in this and most of your other replies to
13 his email is that this would be the results of dissolving the
14 Foundation and transferring its assets to SPI or a similar
15 organization.
16
17 To avoid a second email, the issue of the single liaison may have been
18 resolved by Debian, and we would need to follow-up to confirm.
21 Rich