From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: live ebuilds, masking in p.mask or with empty keywords
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:05:14
1 On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
4 > We already have an existing policy, which is option 1.
5
6 Citation?
7
8 I've been masking live ebuilds with option 2 ever since QA filed a bug
9 telling me to - I don't think that policy was written down either.
10
11 What is written down is:
12 "Live" cvs.eclass ebuilds are generally only intended for the
13 convenience of developers and should always be masked with a ~[arch]
14 keyword. [1]
15
16 That would be none of the above - half the tree is "masked" with ~arch
17 keywords. I'm not suggesting that this is the right way to do it -
18 only that there certainly is nothing approaching a clear policy on the
19 matter.
20
21 Rich
22